Opening up Our Community
Many state and county governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential businesses. While this is an encouraging sign, please know this process will be thoughtfully considered at Monticello West. We will implement a multi-phased approach when reopening our community. As we serve vulnerable adults throughout our community, Monticello West’s reopening phases may differ than the state’s or county’s phased approach. We will base decisions for each phase on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community. We will evaluate how we shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and local and state health departments.
We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of residents and employees must remain our highest priority. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no short cuts or easy answers to how we reduce our risk to COVID-19 and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other.
In the upcoming weeks, and until further notice, Monticello West will continue to follow the heightened precautionary measures currently in place. We understand the risks posed to our community from COVID-19 and remain committed to our processes.
We will remain diligent with the following precautions:
• Requiring employees to wear face masks, social distance and use frequent hand-washing hygiene
• Screening all employees daily, including taking temperatures each time they exit and re-enter the community while also screening all essential service providers prior to entry
• Only essential health care visitors are allowed at our community until further notice
• Requiring residents that leave the community adhere to additional screening and safety protocols
• On move-in day, families, accompanying assistants, and vendors will be screened following the Visitor Advisory guidelines
• Continued increased frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing common community areas
• Following evidence-based precautions, aligned with guidelines provided by the CDC
• Closely monitoring local, state and federal health agencies to ensure we can respond quickly and effectively.
As the situation evolves, and we make changes to our protocols, residents, employees and families will be notified first. We will work to keep you informed via our website.
Thank you for your patience, your support, and for embodying the hopeful spirit that Monticello West is known for as we continue to navigate this process together. If you have specific questions on how Monticello West will re-open, please contact 214-528-0660. For more information about COVID-19 and our national response to COVID-19, Visit LCS website.