The Benefits of Assisted Living – There are More Than You Think
One of the biggest hurdles for seniors to overcome is the fear of change. The idea of uprooting their lives, moving somewhere new, and leaving the home they’ve loved for years is an overwhelming concept. And while moving to assisted living does mean the end of one chapter, it also means the beginning of a brand-new journey with fresh opportunities to enjoy life and find greater fulfillment in each day.
What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living communities have come a long way. They are no longer just senior homes; they are communities built around the purpose of serving an active generation of seniors at varying stages in their retirement journeys.
Assisted living communities are specifically designed to help residents maintain the highest level of independence while still getting the support they need with activities associated with daily living. Everything from medication management to laundry services is attended to by staff members that are dedicated to residents’ overall wellbeing. Assisted living communities ensure seniors feel right at home, enjoy enriching activities and engage in social events that give them a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment.
5 Key Assisted Living Benefits
One of the best ways to overcome the fear of change associated with the move to assisted living is to focus on all the newfound freedoms and benefits of living in a senior living community.
- Boredom and Loneliness Go Away – After retirement, it is common for seniors to find themselves with free time they never had before. Assisted living communities make it easy to take up new hobbies, rekindle old interests and find new friends that share similar interests.
- Caregiver Support – It is common for seniors to feel like burdens on their loved ones, especially as needs change. Assisted living communities offer support when residents need it and in a way that is tailored specifically to them.
- Improved Mental Health – Cognitive decline can happen when seniors are lonely or bored. Assisted living communities offer rich amenities and services to help seniors commit to lifelong learning and pursue growth for years to come.
- A Healthier Lifestyle – When seniors live alone it easy to neglect healthy eating habits. Assisted living communities offer chef-prepared meals and snacks that are healthy, delicious and offer seniors a chance to socialize.
- Peace of Mind – One of the greatest benefits of assisted living is that seniors and family members can feel a sense of relief that loved ones are safe, supported, and cared for 24/7.
Every senior living community is unique. Finding the right fit for your loved one is the key to making the transition smooth and a positive experience for everyone involved.
Schedule a Personalized Tour of the Monticello West Assisted Living Community
One of the best ways to find the right place for your loved one to call home is by touring local assisted living communities. At Monticello West, our staff is committed to ensuring residents feel like they have found the perfect place to call home. We encourage you to schedule a tour so that you and your loved one can see the Monticello West difference for yourselves. Contact us today to learn more about our assisted living services and to schedule a tour.